Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Cautionary Tale

Yesterday I got my shiny new lace blocking wires, so I decided to, you know, work on some lace, so I'll eventually have something to block. I tried to work on my Creatures of the Reef shawl, but I just wasn't feeling it, so I decided to switch to the Seascape thing-a-ma-bob I started ages ago.



I went over to the storage ottoman I could have sworn I put it in... but it wasn't there. Okay, I thought, I'll try the closet. I'm sure it's in there. Nope, no Seascape thingy. I went back to the ottoman and this time fully emptied it--still no Seascape. I rifled through half a dozen Rubbermaid totes that contain at least some yarn or knitting--but it wasn't there, either. I looked back through the closet to make sure I hadn't missed it, but it still wasn't there.

I was getting seriously frustrated. So I went into my bedroom and pawed through a scary little area I like to call "where random crap goes to die." It wasn't there, either--but right next to Scary Area, there was my granny stand-up project bag thing, and inside that--was Seascape! Hooray!

And then I remembered that it got shoved in there and hidden in the bedroom during the mad cleaning spree before my Chinese New Year dinner.

The moral of the story is: Don't clean. It's bad for your blood pressure.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Thanks for the warning! I was planning to clean this weekend. Now I'll knit or write instead.

Love your Seascape. Pretty yarn. One of these days I'll cast on my own Seascape.

Love, Mom