So, no revelations here; I just felt moved to spend part of my lunch hour looking up (probably/definitely) historically-inaccurate Egypt/DNA-related patterns. Unfortunately, they're not all free, but they are all fun!
- Egyptian Mummy (Ravelry link) toy. So cute! I have no idea why I like crafting impractical things so much.
- Egyptian collar (Ravelry link). Again, ridiculously impractial (unless you're the type of person who goes around wearing big, archaic articles of clothing on a daily basis), but I love it.
- Baby's First DNA Model. Aw, it's a toy double helix!
- Chromosome Cap. Lets everyone know that you don't care if it's been more than 3000 years, you will find out who the babydaddy is. (Don't judge me. You like Maury, too.)
- Wings of Horus shawl. Wow--seriously pretty. I especially like the pictures of the one that was blocked so the top edge is curved.
- Cleopatra Socks. Nothing says "tribute to a powerful woman" like wrapping some snakes around your feet in applied i-cord!
- Eye of Horus chart. If you pretend she didn't make the chart because of Stargate, you might feel slightly less geeky using it.