Saturday, June 23, 2007

Unicorn, Sock

Okay, so I've had a request for a picture of my unicorn dishcloth, and a girl just can't say no to someone who wants to admire her knitting, even when she knit a dorky, off-center unicorn! In my defense, this cloth is the result of a blind knit along: I didn't know what it was going to be when I started. Also, I hear that red yarn doesn't photograph well, and this cloth is no exception; it's hard to suss out where the unicorn is. Here's a hint: it's facing left.

Actually, blown up to the size it is on my screen, it isn't that hard to find. I still have no idea why the pattern author didn't center the unicorn, though.

In other knitting news, I finished my first sock today! It's keeping my left foot warm right now. It is very socklike, which is the true mark of a good sock, and it fits my foot--bonus! I've even taken pictures of it--but sadly, I am unable to post them right now, because I'm using my friend Samara's computer, and it doesn't want to talk to my camera. Now I get to knit a matching sock, and I'll have a pair! This is easily the coolest thing I've done today--possibly all week.

I'll try to remember to post a sock picture or two this evening, after I go back to my place.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

It looks like your unicorn is trying to escape. But I like it; it's red and washcloth-y and it has a pretty critter on it. Nice job!