Saturday, January 17, 2009

Caturday, and Minor Content

I wonder which cat has been messing with the vase of flowers on my counter?

Eve is hiding under my pillow--very suspicious behavior.


George refuses to talk, despite the bright light necessary for a proper interrogation.

Um, Pippin... what's that on your head? Is it... pollen? Sigh. It's always the quiet ones.

Sadly, Mary and Natalie (Aaron's mom and sister) won't be making it for the visit we planned for tomorrow--they're predicting snow and ice, which don't make for good driving conditions. Maybe next weekend.

In knitting news, I have been knitting--just not photographing or blogging. I cast on my Creatures of the Reef shawl, and I'm about 16 rows into it--and at more than 500 stitches per row, that's a lot! I'm glad they'll only get shorter from here! If you follow the link and look at the picture, it starts from the bottom; I just knit the first row of the bubble edging--that's the line between the scallops on the very outside and the crabs and seahorses.

I'm working on a Charade sock, in some yarn I bought in Green Bay. I love the way it's turning out--very squishy and nice. The yarn is Dream in Color Smooshy, in the colorway Gothic Rose. I'm so glad I spent a ridiculous amount of money for it!

And I cast on another pair of socks, doing 2 at once using magic loop. I'm not very far on these, but I'm excited to be trying this; I've never completed 2 at once before.

That's about it, on the knitting front. I woke up this morning to frozen pipes, thanks to the sub-zero temperatures we've been having, but that magically resolved itself about 10 minutes after I finally got to speak to a water company representative after spending half an hour on hold. Because I am a good person, I then called back and spent some more time on hold before I canceled the service call. No sense in wasting their time when they're so busy with other people having frozen pipe issues. My faucets are now dripping merrily, and they will stay that way until it warms up.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I can't wait to see your shawl. You're a brave soul to tackle such a complex thing.

Can't wait to see your sox either. I'm thinking of taking a magic loop class from Zoe at Loops myself. The 2 circs are getting a bit annoying.

I'm glad you're pipes are thawed. What a nice person you are.

Drive safely. Love you, Mom