Sunday, July 6, 2008

Curses! Foiled Again.

Remember how I was taking a chance on the cursed yarn again?

Bad idea.

With a few stumbles, I did manage to get the pattern going reasonably well. I've got probably 3 inches of pattern knit, and I was feeling pretty good. Then I looked closely, and realized that it looked... kind of small.

I pulled it onto my foot--and stopped at the heel. Because it wouldn't go any higher. Insert foul language here.

However, Robyn had an excellent idea--add a thumb gusset and make it a hand/armwarmer. Take that, cursed yarn! That doesn't mean I'm not still grumpy about it, though.

Stupid yarn.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Stupid yarn! The pattern looks pretty, though. Do you know anyone who has had luck making them? Maybe the pattern's faulty. I like Robin's idea, saves having to frog--again.