Anyway--an entry. Today seems like a bullet-point day.
Things that make me smile:
- Embarrased, shaved Persian cat.
Poor naked Pippin!
- Jane at Magpie, who was calm and helpful when I came into her store yesterday and proceeded to announce, "I broke my sweater, and I need help!" She was lovely and averted catastrophe in my Soy Silk Shrug, even if she did inadvertently call my knitting bad. (She didn't mean it.)
- Making tiny things grow in my windowsill garden. (I wonder how long it will be before I kill them? It seems inevitable. I have a bad track record with windowsill gardens.)
- Authors who call on a bad day to thank me for my humor, professionalism, and ability to get things done.
- The members of the Lexington Stitch 'n' Bitch. (I keep typing "botch" instead of "bitch." I think this is my subconscious reminding me that I tend to make more mistakes when I'm drinking, snacking, socializing, and knitting all at the same time.) These people are lovely, and not only improved my mood tonight, they reacted like Knitting Champions when I busted out the Cascade superwash and asked if they would help me knit an afghan to raffle off. (I'll send out my Master Plan on the list tomorrow.)
Hot, delicious coffee in my ridiculous, out of season dollar store snowman mug. It has inexplicably become my favorite mug. (I swear my countertop doesn't look that dirty in real life.)
- Being one little (huge) round of hdc away from finishing Abby's Afghan.
- My family.
- My friends.
- My bed. Sleep well, everyone.