Thursday, June 26, 2008

I Still Remember *EDIT

This blog has been sadly short on knitting content lately. I do seem to have taken a little break from knitting--but my momentum is picking back up.

First, I grabbed the second Oriole Socklet to work on during pride planning meetings and breaks. Speaking of Pride, I think it's already a success, even though the festival isn't until Saturday--we're on the picket schedule for the Westboro Baptist Church! Bring it on, Fred Phelps--this community is ready.

Anyway, my socklet:

Serious progress has been made. I'm nearing the heel. Hooray!

I've also been working on my lace.

I inserted the bottom lifeline after I messed up the first time and had to frog back to a point a few rows below that. When I was sure I had it right, I put in the lifeline. Then I knit a few more rows and realized my stitch count was off--the error was in the row immediately after the lifeline. I'm awesome. But after I fixed that, things just flew along. I finished Chart A and did the first two rows of Chart B. I'm feeling good. I'm so amazed that I'm knitting lace!

That's all I've got for now. I'm sure I'll spend some more time on my lace tomorrow night. I'll be selling tickets at the Pride Festival on Saturday from 10:30 to noon; Lexingtonians and those within driving distance should stop by to say hello to me and wave to the hate-mongers! From a respectful distance, of course.

EDIT: Westboro Baptist has canceled. Damn! I guess it's good news--they're famous for causing trouble, after all--but I can't help but be disappointed.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Look at you knitting lace! I'm very impressed. It's so pretty. Can't wait to start mine, but I want to finish the sweater back before I cast on.

Too bad about the cancelled bigots. They would have brought some media coverage but might have brought too much trouble. Don't want anyone getting hurt. I'm sure your festival will be a success.