Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Little Bit of Pretty

I haven't been posting many pictures lately, have I? Well, here's one!


It's not very exciting, just a square of waffle stitch for the Rape Crisis Center afghan, but it is kind of pretty. I like the way the colors are stacking. And I got almost an inch done while I was waiting for physical therapy this morning. (I also did a little knit-propagandizing, to both the physical therapist and her student, after they each expressed interest in learning how to knit.) I asked them about my hand, and they gave me a stretch to do and recommended that I knit with a pillow on my lap to help my posture while knitting, on top of what I'm already doing. (She agreed that it's not carpal tunnel, by the way.) And for my knee, I got an ultrasound, a massage, and a battery.

Yep. There's a little battery taped behind my knee, doing its iontophoresis thing and magically forcing an anti-inflammatory drug through my skin. Nifty.


I worked a little last night on Dad's Christmas present. I'm going back and forth between thinking that I can actually finish my Christmas knitting in time, and thinking that there's no way. At the moment I'm leaning towards "no way," but that'll change in a few minutes, I'm sure. I'm not giving up, though!

I'm guessing I'm not going to do much knitting tonight--in lieu of Stitch and Bitch at Jane's, there's a wizard rock concert! Whee! I'm looking forward to it, and I'll try to remember to take some pictures to post later this week.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Ooh, pretty knitting, pretty colors. You have a battery taped behind your knee??? That's real medicine? Sounds kind of snake oil-ish, but I suppose whatever works.

Ann said...

Yep, a battery. It's very small. It does sound a bit suspect, but seems to be a real thing, so I'm going with it!

Katie said...

never heard of iontophoresis working that way, but ok then. (I studied athletic training in college, so I know some rehab crap)