Monday, September 15, 2008

I Am So Smart! S-M-R-T!

I've been putting a lot of thought into Super Secret Knitting Project #2. I spent hours charting and recharting, I did a gauge swatch, I did math. I wound my yarn into balls, and I cast on. On the fourth round, I noticed that I seemed to be off--by about 30 stitches. I counted the stitches on my chart, then I counted the stitches on my needles.

Lo and behold, I had far too many stitches on my needles. I was supposed to have 65. I had 98.

Before I cast on, I took 65, added one for a k2tog at the join, and got 66. I divided 66 by 3 (three needles)... and got 33.

The highly intelligent among you may realize that 3 times 33 is not 66. It's 99.

3 comments:

Samara said...

If it makes you feel any better, I couldn't remember how to covert decimals in to fractions. It was sad.

Robyn Wade said...

I've totally been there. :)

Barbara said...

So what're you doing with the extra 30 stitches? Been there, done that, but then math's never been my strong suit. Better you caught it early so it's not such a pain to redo.

Love you.