Tuesday, January 22, 2008

100th Post

100 posts... man, I talk about yarn a lot, don't I?

To celebrate, I present a picture of my finished neckwarmer.

Stupid glare... All of the buttons are black except the second one down, which is red.

Here's another option.

In this one, the top (nearly invisible) button is red. I think I like having it second in line better. Now all I have to do is sew the buttons on and I'll have something to keep my neck warm.


When I turned on the news this morning the bottom of the screen was covered with school closings. More than just schools, actually--schools, daycares, museums, you name it. (Not the university, of course.) So I thought, "Wow, there might actually be some good snow out there!"

It's a little blurry; I took this as I was walking from my car to my office. Observe the not-quite-covered grass and the mere dusting on the picnic table. This is what makes a snow day in Kentucky.

Ah, winter.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I thought of you today when I had the boys outside in the snow and I was thinking I should make myself a neckwarmer.

Ann said...

You should--they're quick and easy, and I like the not-bulkiness of it. Although I would make it longer next time--it's a little tight.

Allison said...

I'm about to knit this - I need to round up some buttons though. Glad to hear your tip on the length. I hate things grabby at the neck. It's way cute.