Thursday, February 28, 2008

Aftermath

Owie.

That's the only visible evidence of yesterday's ridiculous fall out of my desk chair. But standing all evening at second work, I could definitely tell that I had fallen. It was more a general stiffness than any real pain; I guess I'm getting old!

I am also a dumbass for falling out of my desk chair, and there's the mark of my dumbassery. May it teach me a lesson about... something. Growing longer arms, maybe?


In other news, I'm making progress on my Swiffer cover.


I'm hoping that this will somehow kindle in me an interest in cleaning the floors. ("Look, I get to play with my knitted thing! It's not like chores at all!") I have a feeling that I'm not that easy to manipulate, though. At least not when it comes to chores.

I wonder if it was a tactical error to use white as my solid color, and to use a variegated that also contains white... It'll probably just highlight the amount of dirt that comes off my kitchen floor. Yuck! Next time I'll have to pick darker colors.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Nice bruise. Poor baby. Do they make dishcloth cotton in dirt colors? Might be something to look into.

Knitting Magic Girl said...

Hey, we're both the same shade of purple. That's kinda scary...

I'd be up for a swap sometime. Anything you're looking for specifically?