Thursday, October 9, 2008

Blue Period

I'm making some progress on my current projects, which is really nice; for a long time it seemed like my knitting and crocheting were pretty stagnant. But I knit through almost an entire ball of yarn at Stitch 'n' Bitch on Tuesday. Now my second sleeve looks like this:

Well, it looks like that at 7 am when I can't be bothered to spread it out all pretty.

And my handkerchief looks like this:

Projects: very blue at the moment. I do like the edging I'm using on the handkerchief. I found the pattern through Crochet Pattern Central; there were some links on the Edgings page that went to the Lion Brand site, and this was one of theirs. Interestingly, the edgings were buried in the FAQs, and searching for them by name didn't work. But I'm glad someone found them--I didn't want to do something all curvy and girly on this handkerchief, since the pre-embroidered corner embellishment is so angular and art-deco. The pyramid pattern isn't perfect, but it's more fitting than shells, I think.

Tomorrow is the Mason-Dixon event at JosephBeth--yay! I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully, I'll even be able to get there. My car is currently in the shop, getting a talking-to for its deplorable behavior yesterday. It kept trying to overheat. Seriously, I'm not a terrible driver, and I keep my fluid levels where they belong--what is it with my cars and overheating? I asked the mechanic if he could try to make it something easy and cheap to fix, and he said, "Oh, I'm really sorry--cheap and easy was yesterday." Heh. I like a sense of humor in my mechanics. Yes, so I am hopeful that my car will be fixed today or tomorrow, and if not, that I'll be able to cadge a ride with a fellow SnBer. I'm just grateful that I don't have to go to Second Work today or tomorrow--that would be much more difficult to arrange, ride-wise.

No comments: