Friday, October 17, 2008

Caturday Eve--Now with 100% Fewer Cats!

My life has been completely nuts for the last few days.

For one thing, I will shortly be losing my second job. Second Work is going under. The plan is for the store to remain open until after the holidays, but I'm gone at Thanksgiving. There's no way I'm working retail on going-out-of-business super-clearance Black Friday. The measly severance I would get for sticking it out is not worth it, in a big way.

Things are a-brewing at First Work, too--not the least of which is the fact that I'm going out of town next Wednesday and not coming back until Sunday. I'm out all day on Tuesday, too, to take care of some migraine-related stuff. Yes, two doctor appointments will take the whole day. Trust me. These clinics are not quick. That leaves Monday to prepare for my trip, and I don't have time to do everything I really need to do before I leave town. Grrr. Week after next is going to suck.

And after work today I am going camping! I had planned to upload cat pictures and do a fancy scheduled post for tomorrow, but I very intelligently left my camera cable at home, so I won't have time to do that. So, I'm very sorry, but Caturday will come late this weekend. I promise to put it up on Sunday. Speaking of Sunday, I'm still not sure if I'm going to be working on Sunday or not. (Second Work is presently unconcerned with the schedule, given the whole "liquidation" thing.) So I need to stop there on my way out of town, and hope that I won't have to cut my camping trip short. Camping is going to be awesome. Food cooked over an open fire, nice autumn weather, books, and plenty of knitting. I'm taking a ridiculous number of (small) projects, in case I get bored with one. I will have several knitting options. Hooray!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Mom, I'll call you when I get a chance on Sunday.

No comments: