Sunday, October 26, 2008

Christmas

Game night was a lot of fun yesterday. (I missed the party because I suddenly realized that I didn't have a hostess gift! I had to shop. I was sorry to miss the party, but glad I remembered my manners in time!) Anyway, we played a word game called Quiddler that was a lot of fun. I was a little worried that I would embarrass myself by sucking pretty hardcore--I was mentally exhausted from working the conference--but I think I acquitted myself pretty well. I came in 3rd or 4th out of 6, I don't remember which. For the gift-givers among you, this game would be a pretty good one. Also this. Or this, this, or this. Just FYI.

I was determined to keep the Christmas knitting to a bare minimum this year--just two projects, one of them half completed as of now and the other one about a third done.

Then I discovered a fun new pattern, that I think is equally appropriate for men and women. My Christmas prep may have just gotten a whole lot more complicated! Luckily, it's pretty small. Oh, well. The best laid plans, etc. It's just so hard to resist showering your loved ones with handknits!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Look! Posting between Caturdays. And it's snowing right now. Better go get the wetsuits off the line. Drat!

Barbara said...

It's not snow, it's little ice balls. Not fun. Stupid weather.