Thursday, October 4, 2007

Better

See? This is why I blog. So everyone can make me feel better when craft disaster strikes. Or, y'know, craft minor error. Thanks for all the words of encouragement!

The Big Sock is resting for a moment. When I feel up to it, I'll un-kitchener the toe, do some measuring, and add some length--as someone pointed out, it's possible I was unknowingly knitting a sock for my big-footed mom. (Her description, not mine!)

And I picked up my sari silk purse again last night, and it didn't look so bad after all. I'm going to soldier on and see where it gets me. It would be worse to have a purse that was too small than one that was too big, I think. It's still not photographing well, though. I think I need to try to get it in some natural light today.

I'm making great progress on the kilt hose. I've got about 20 rows to go before I can start the heel.

To put it in perspective, I've got about 135 rows done so far.

Check it out--it looks like a sleeve! Hooray for progress!

3 comments:

Abby&David said...

Yar! She looks like the sleeve of me pirate shirt.

Barbara said...

OMG, the kilt ho is so long! You're really moving along on it. Make sure you bring it when you come in a couple week so I can pet it in person. And you're right about purse sizes. I should have made the vegan sari purse deeper, it's wide enough but is a bit shallow for all the crap I carry. Guess that means I make another one someday--when there's room in the queue of UFOs, that is.

Robyn Wade said...

20 rows until you hit the heal? That is really amazing!! Once you hit foot it is going to go so fast.