Tuesday, October 16, 2007

It's Oh So Quiet...

It's been more of the same, craft-wise. I haven't done much that's blog-worthy except for the magic loop sock class I took on Saturday. We made tiny wee socks on long, long needles, and I keep forgetting to take a picture of mine. It's about 2 inches long, and completely adorable.

I'm not sure how I feel about magic loop yet, largely because I'm not sure how I feel about circular needles. When I was screwing up the Red Market Bag of the Enormous Hole, I was annoyed by the cord and how it kept curling around my hands. I had the same issue on Saturday. (Um, not that that was my only issue. The two-row reverse stockinette stripe on the tiny cuff is totally a design element. I think I'm getting worse at this knitting thing instead of better at it.) However, I have every intention of giving it the ol' college try and making a complete pair of full-size socks. At the end of it I might be a convert. (I imagine myself draped in yarn and circular needles shouting, "Magic loop rules!" like a drunken frat boy, stomping my DPNs into the dust.)

Other than that, I'm working along on the foot of the first of the kilt hose. I'm working on Grandma's gift wrap in fits and starts. And I'm working on--and repeatedly tinking--another bat cloth. I haven't even gotten to Row 34 yet, and I've already knit and tinked half a dozen rows! The pattern is error-free now; apparently, I have simply lost the ability to follow it.

Tomorrow morning I'll load up my car with a wedding gift, some clothes, and two or three bags full of WIPs and FOs to show off to my mother, and drive up to Green Bay for a long weekend. I'm really looking forward to seeing my parents and my grandma, and the few assorted friends I can squeeze into my schedule (including the bride at the wedding I'm going to). That means I probably won't post anything until Monday or Tuesday--try to soldier on without me! ;)

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh, I can't wait until you get here so we can start yarn-ing! Thursday is going to be tons of fun.

Love, Mom

Raellyn said...

Have a safe trip! I can't wait to see if you've finished the kilt hose (1) when you get back...