I love it that it's Friday.
I've been working away on various projects; I'm almost halfway done with the hexagons for my Hexaghan. They look pretty impressive stacked up:
There are two or three more green ones that don't appear in this picture. And all of my ends are woven in, too, which I think is an accomplishment that bears mentioning. I'm enjoying this project more than I thought I would. I probably wouldn't have chosen these colors to go together (the other two are medium purple and cream), but I like the combination, and I'm looking forward to having a patchwork-ish afghan to keep on the back of my sofa. There's something about a multicolored afghan that doesn't match the furniture that says "homey" to me. Which might be silly, but there you have it.
But the big news is that yesterday evening I turned the heel on the first kilt hose.
My gusset stitches are all picked up, with no holes or unseemly gaps. I even managed to pick up the same number on each side! I made it to right before the short row part on one skein of yarn. So it takes 220 yards of yarn to get from the base of David's knee to the floor.