Wednesday, December 12, 2007

One Down!

I finished the first Pirate Sock last night--hooray! As is my habit when I finish the first of a pair, I then spent a little while walking around in one sock. (After I got home from Stitch 'n' Bitch, that is. I try to confine the worst of my weirdness to my own home, with mixed success.) These will definitely need to be washed before I wear them for any length of time. The black yarn (Regia 6-ply) is stiff and itchy. Not at all soft. This is my first experience with using Regia sock yarn, so I'm really hoping it'll soften up with washing. Otherwise I'll just have to wear these socks over another (thin) pair, because there's no way these babies are going to sit in my drawer!


I even cast on the second one last night. I'm only two rounds into it so I didn't bother with a picture. My passion for these socks is unabated; I resent having to work (two jobs!) today (and tomorrow!) rather than just knitting.

Sigh. Sometimes I hate being responsible.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

*sigh* That is one beautiful sock. Dratted work. I'm two rows away from being finished gift knitting. But on the plus side I can knit here which I will do as soon as I finish my work. *coughyeahrightcough*

One week!

Kim Colley said...

The Regia is much softer than the Wildfoote I've been working with. :(

Still, I do love those socks. Props to ya!

Katie said...

oooh, I love it!