Monday, December 24, 2007

Tee Hee!

I made a tampon squid!

"This is a rare opportunity; the only known footage of the elusive Tampon Squid hunting its natural prey in the wild. It sidles up to the tampon..."

"...grabs its unsuspecting prey with its two feeding tentacles..."

"...and quickly devours it, before..."

"...swimming off, almost more quickly than the camera can capture it. What an amazing glimpse into the little-known world of the Tampon Squid."


Do I care that the finishing looks like it was done by someone's blind uncle? No. The reasons for this are threefold.
1) The cold I've been fighting off for weeks has finally beaten me. I'm officially sick. (Now I'm on vacation!)
2) I made this thing to hold tampons, not priceless jewels.
3) Imagine the inside of an actual squid. Now take another look at the "eating" picture. Looks pretty good, huh?
I think I've made my point.

I love this thing! It's possibly my favorite knitted thing ever.


Lest you think that all I've been doing is knitting strange but useful personal-care item cozies, here's something else I made.

It's a two-layer red velvet cake with homemade frosting. My dad and I collaborated, and it's fabulous--moist, layer-y, yummy, red. All the things you could ask for in a cake.

I'm looking forward to handing out gifts tomorrow. I'll try to remember to get some reaction shots, but I make no promises.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

2 comments:

Robyn Wade said...

What did you think about the pattern? I was looking at it and it appeared to be a bit ass-backward, but I really want to make a menstrual cup cozy for my sister in law.

I don't think your finishing looks bad so I don't think you should sweat it.

Ann said...

Well, there's an error in Row 8 (it's on the errata page now), and it took me a little while to get used to double knitting (and the increases that go with it), but other than that it wasn't bad. Quick and easy, even.
My finishing looks worse in person, but I'm not going to sweat it. It's a squid!