Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Happy Fourth!

I skipped SnB tonight--I wanted to go, but when a friend jokingly threatened to kick my butt if I didn't do something and I got all teary, I decided that I was busy enough (read: swamped) that I shouldn't shirk for 4 hours tonight, even if it did sound like a lot of fun.

Instead, I came home and did dishes, then baked two different desserts for the party I'm going to tomorrow, then did more dishes... then I knitted, secure in the knowledge that all lunches will end happily tomorrow and that no bugs will be drawn to my countertops. (I'm so easy to please!)

I finished the heel gussets on the Third Sock (no photo--feel free to look the red one in earlier posts and pretend it's shorter, and open at the toe), and did today's dishcloth knit along. Here's the cloth so far:

It's difficult to photograph these picture cloths, but you get the general idea. I might be too impatient for this; it bothers me to have to stop after 9 rows and wait for the next day.

For now, though, I'm ready for bed. I have the day off tomorrow in celebration of Independence Day; I hope everyone else does, too! Happy fourth of July!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

So what is the picture on your KAL? It kind of looks like a chicken. Ann, dirty dishes will always wait, you should have called me, I'd have told you to go to SnB. But I bet you were glad this morning to have the desserts made and cleaned up after.

Love you, Mom

P.S. I made some of your sangria recipe yesterday. It's yummy!

Ann said...

I think it's going to be a sun, but don't tell--we're not supposed to guess!

I'm glad you like the sangria recipe. It is good; I wish I could have some!

Love you, too!

~Ann