Saturday, July 14, 2007

More Birthday Goodness

I had such a good birthday! The cookout was great, the company was wonderful... and I was right about there being more yarn in my future.

(I have pictures of all my presents, but I'm in all of them and have odd facial expressions, so I've decided to spare myself the embarrassment. I might post them if I muster up the energy to crop myself out.)

Natalie gave me an adorable cat pendant, a little red purse-thingy with an oriental carpet design, and two balls of Patons Cha Cha in bebop--it's a red, lavender, and pink eyelash. I'm trying to decide if I can use it to make the cat bed in Stitch 'n Bitch (which calls for Fun Fur), or if my cat will just eat the eyelash stuff and get sick. It's a distinct possibility. I might have to stick to Wool Ease. (I want to knit her a bed so she stops laying on my knitted knitting bag and getting mad when I need to get something out of it!)

From Amanda, I got a gift certificate to ReBelle (link in the sidebar). I plan to use it to buy myself something that is extravagant and luxurious--something I wouldn't buy for myself ordinarily. (Of course, I probably won't be able to buy enough of it to make anything with... but a girl can never have too many skeins of yarn to just carry around and pet, right?)

Samara and Aaron went all-out. Not only are they taking me to The Beach, a waterpark near Cincinnati, on Monday, they hosted the cookout, and bought me presents! From them, I got a skein of Malabrigo in Sealing Wax (a pretty orange-y red), an issue of BUST magazine, and two things to help fill the box--round Simpsons playing cards, and a soda fountain-style drinking straw holder. My friends are strange and fun.

Speaking of strange and fun, I should go get ready for today's excursion--Fort Boonesborough. I've heard that they have working smiths and coopers--I'm hoping for a spinner, too!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

So, pile all your presents together and take a picture without you. Not that I don't want to look at you, but it would be fun to see your gifts and wouldn't want you to be embarrassed.

Love, Mom

Ann said...

I'll try to get to that tomorrow. I definitely need to tidy up some, and getting my presents together to take a picture would be a good excuse to toss the tissue paper and stuff.
Love,
Ann