I was a busy little knitter today! Before I left for a lunch date with a former coworker, I cast on a new sock and knitted about an inch and a half of the cuff, and I finished the Knit Along dishcloth. (The sock has since been frogged--I'm not really sure how I screwed it up, but man, did I screw it up!) The dishcloth looks like this:
I tried something new when taking this picture: I used a paintbrush to dab water on the reverse stockinette parts (in this case, the sun's rays) to make them stand out more. I think it worked pretty well.
I also finished my illusion spade. The good news is that it really looks like a spade.
I'm slightly amazed by how well this technique works. Which is silly, because there wouldn't be patterns like the one I followed if it didn't work.
The bad news is that Grandma's "coaster" is nine inches long.
Long, but pretty and stripey!
I have about a dozen other patterns that I'd like to try... but I'm trying to finish Sock Three before I really jump into anything else. (Says the girl who started and abandoned a whole new sock today.) I do want to see if I can find a pattern/chart for doing card suits in intarsia... and I just found a new dishcloth pattern that I really want to make.
Phooey. At least I'm not the only one with a bunch of projects on the needles!