Saturday, July 7, 2007

Two FOs!

I was a busy little knitter today! Before I left for a lunch date with a former coworker, I cast on a new sock and knitted about an inch and a half of the cuff, and I finished the Knit Along dishcloth. (The sock has since been frogged--I'm not really sure how I screwed it up, but man, did I screw it up!) The dishcloth looks like this:


I tried something new when taking this picture: I used a paintbrush to dab water on the reverse stockinette parts (in this case, the sun's rays) to make them stand out more. I think it worked pretty well.


I also finished my illusion spade. The good news is that it really looks like a spade.


I'm slightly amazed by how well this technique works. Which is silly, because there wouldn't be patterns like the one I followed if it didn't work.

The bad news is that Grandma's "coaster" is nine inches long.


Long, but pretty and stripey!


I have about a dozen other patterns that I'd like to try... but I'm trying to finish Sock Three before I really jump into anything else. (Says the girl who started and abandoned a whole new sock today.) I do want to see if I can find a pattern/chart for doing card suits in intarsia... and I just found a new dishcloth pattern that I really want to make.

Phooey. At least I'm not the only one with a bunch of projects on the needles!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Now I know why knitters always have so many pairs of needles. They have a jillion projects going at once! Ann your sun cloth is gorgeous. Although I, too, am disappointed it's not a chicken going ta-da, which is what I thought it was at first. I'm so impressed with your illusion spade. How cool is that? Maybe you should just keep going and make Grandma a scarf.
Mom