Wednesday, July 11, 2007

So sleepy...

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but at the tender age of 25, I think I am too damn old to stay up and go to the midnight showing of anything. At least, I should take a freakin' nap before I go!

I didn't take a nap before the midnight showing of Harry Potter because I was at Stitch 'n' Bitch, finishing this:


This was the best picture I took, but it's still hard to see the golden snitch there at the bottom.

And of course, today (when I go to work, after lunch) I will be wearing











Two socks! That actually, really match! That I made!

This is pretty cool.

Of course, the universe has its little ways of evening things out. Even though I ended the day with two finished objects, went to see a fun movie, and got these in the mail (full of birthday presents!), not everything could go my way. In hauling these big, exciting boxes into my apartment, I did this:



Oops. Guess I should have made two trips.

Even though it's a pretty nasty-looking bruise (the the photo doesn't begin to convey the swelling), it doesn't interfere with my knitting too much. Something to be grateful for!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

You lunatic! You should have gotten some big lug to carry those heavy boxes for you, or at least carried them separately. But now you do have a wound to show off for a little sympathy.

Love your snitch cloth. I printed the pattern off this AM and will probably make it this weekend. I can't wait to see the movie! Friday afternoon, I intend to go straight from fixing Grandma's kitchen chairs to the theater even if I'm the only geeky adult without a kid in the place.

Great socks!

Love, Mom

Ann said...

I know I'm a lunatic. I just have a strange hatred for making multiple trips from my car to my apartment. It's prettier colors--and less swollen-today.

I was really happy with the HP cloth. And I'm sure you won't be the only adult without a kid--the theater last night was full of us!

Love,
Ann